Charleston Restaurant Week: it’s the most wonderful time of the year. This year, the dates are set for September 7-18th. That’s twelve, glorious days to treat your taste buds. The list of restaurants is pretty amazing, but your obvious choice should be Amen Street.
Amen Street will offer three courses for $30. (That’s an appetizer, entree and dessert for the price of a large pizza.) Chef Ollard chose his personal favorite recipes and crowd-pleasers for Amen’s “3 for $30″ menu. Both fresh seafood fanatics and meat & potato lovers will go weak in the knees for Amen Street’s Restaurant Week Menu.
Choose one item from each section for your three courses.
- Described as a “true bit of heaven“, A Cup of She Crab Soup with Sherry
- A Fresh, Simple Small Mixed Green Salad with Housemade White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- A Trip Advisor Reviewer Favorite, Calamari with Corn, Tomato, Bacon, Green Onion and Lemon Aioli
- Stacks of Fried Green Tomatoes with Creamy Pimento Cheese and Hot and Sour Okra
The Main Event
- Crab Cakes with Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus, Sweet Onion Remoulade
- Chef Ollard’s Delicious Shrimp and Grits with fresh local Tomatoes, Onion, Tasso Ham
- Pan Fried Flounder with Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus, Brown Butter Sauce
- A Hearty Seared Hanger Steak with Buttered Shallot Fondue, Fries
A Happy Ending
- Chocolate Terrine
- Lemon Roulade Cake
- Creme Brulee
Make your reservations here! And make sure you come back again- even for a second night during Restaurant Week- so you can try the Shrimp and Grits andthe Hanger Steak… and the Bread Pudding, and the Creme Brulee…